So, awhile back nicolette was having some sleep issues. She would not go to sleep unless we laid with her. Being a bit clueless, Jon and I laid with her because it was easier to fight with her until 11pm. We knew it was a bad move, but sometimes in parenting you make choices to make life a little less stressful. Finally we got sick of it and in 2 nights solved the problem (we let her CIO, basically). FF to this Christmas... The week of Christmas nicolette refused to take a nap. She did go in her room for some quiet time, but no sleeping. Although she was tired- falling asleep all the time in the car- she was sleeping fine. Well, this week comes around and she is takng naps again. Because of that, bedtime has been awful. She's not ready to go to sleep at her normal 8pm time and plays in her room. Well, this playing has once again turned into manipulate mom and dad. Finally, I had had enough and I let her CIO. This is how she looked when she finally stopped and I went to check on her! I literally could not even open the door to move her. I tried and then she moved on her own so I was able to slightly manuver myself to get in and put her in bed. She is one stubborn girl and she is really showing it lately!
Cole seriously just melts my heart. He is growing up way too fast for me. I know they all need to grow up and learn, but I want him to stay my little baby boy forever! He woke up with all the crying at our house tonight and I rocked him back to sleep. I was so stressed out from nicolette that just holding him made me feel better. It's the only time I get with him to cuddle and hold him. He's definitely on the go all the time.
Some funny things from the last couple of days:
* There were 2 identical waters at dinner yesterday. Cole kept pointing to them, so I tried to give him a sip. He pushed it away and kept pointing. Not thinking he wanted water since he just pushed it away, I didn't offer it to him. What he wanted was... yup, the other water. I gave him some and he was happy as can be!
* When Cole is crying, nicolette will say, "It's okay little boy" or "It's okay coley-man" or "mommy's here, okay?". This usually occurs right before or right after she pushes him down.
Some odds and ends...
* nicolette starts dance tomorrow
* nicolette didn't have any accidents all week with Heather
* cole eats way worse than nicolette did at a year and I'm hoping I'm not creating bad habits for him
No comments:
Post a Comment