Sunday, January 31, 2010

a golden birthday!!

A lot of people have never heard of a golden birthday! It's when you turn the age that your birthday falls on... so mine was this year when I turned 29 on the 29th of January! Birthday are really not a lot of fun past, say 25. Thirty is nothing to look forward to! I think 29 is a hard age because it's so close the 30, and 30 just sounds SO old! In my mind I am still 25 and I am sure I don't look a day older than that!! Heck, I could probably pass for a middle school kid with the right outfit on! So, moving on...

We were going to celebrate this wonderful birthday by going to dinner. I was craving chicken francias so were had reservations at The Retreat! Unfortunately Cole got sick and we had to cancel dinner plans. Instead we ordered pizza and went over to the rents to play games with them and the Wolf's. It was still a really fun, and late, night!

My brownie birthday cake, specially made by the best 2 year old and her grandma!



I had some help blowing my 3 candles out!


And on Sunday we got to the Retreat to celebrate. It may not have been a birthday I was looking forward to but with such a great family I had a blast!

No comments: