Saturday, January 16, 2010

dance like no one is watching... or don't dance at all!




So, nicolette started dance last week. I was really excited for her to go. She's going with Sophie, my friend Colleen's daughter. We went out and got them leotards, skirts, and tights. I bought a cute dance bag, the perfect size for nicolette awhile back and was lookng forward to giving it to her. When I gave it to her she said, "I loooooove it!". It was so cute!

So, we get to dance and nicolette will.not.leave my side. She wouldn't even sit on the floor in front of me; it had to be on my lap. Yes, we had that child! When the blue mat came out towards the end she came out of her shell a little bit, but I thought we were done! So, throughout the week we've been practicing at home and really talking it up. It would crack us up when I would ask her if she listened to Miss Brandy and she would shake her head no. I would also ask if she did what all the other girls were doing and she would tell me no, but promised to listen next time!

Today was our second time and she did GREAT! I was so proud of her. Of course I am always proud of her, but this morning I was SO happy. It's a great feeling to see your child doing a good job when you aren't standing right there! When we got in the car to go home she told me she loved going to dance.



Cole went to the doctor this week for his (late) one year appointment. He is 20 pounds 4 ounces (around 12th percentile) and 28.5 inches long (less than 10th percentile). He's doing really well! I love love love when he pulls my shirt up and blows kisses on my belly. My belly gets all wet and he laughs and laughs! He is getting to be so much fun!!

No comments: