Saturday, April 3, 2010

the dentist, 80 degree weather and forward-facing carseat, oh my!

The weather was BEAU-TI-FUL here the past couple of days. Like really, really nice. Eighty-five degree nice. Record breaking nice! So, of course we got outside and enjoyed it. I know I said before that it took all I had to not break out all the spring/summer stuff, but yesterday I couldn't resist bringing out a few more.


Before we got to enjoy the sunshine, I had to go to the dentist. I brought nicolette with me, just so she could see what it was all about. We read some book about the dentist the night before and talked about what it would be like. They don't like to take the kids until they are at least 3 years old, but I think this was good for her. I will probably schedule her an appointment sometime soon after her 3rd birthday.






On Friday Lucy came over to play and we hung out outside for a good portion of the day. It was so warm that we had to take frequent water breaks and go inside periodically. Nicolette got 3-d chalk from Nicole and Uncle Michael for her birthday last year and we never got a chance to use it. I was looking forward to using it, but almost didn't want to because it was so cool and I didn't want it to be gone. Can you tell I am a packrat, for this exact reason. I need to be better about not saving the "good" or "cool" stuff for a special occassion and just use it because everyday is a special occasion.










Sine the weather was nice and I vacuumed my car, I decided it was time for cole to sit forward facing. He sits forward in Jon's car and my mom's and he was really getting uncomfortable. Honestly, it didn't really phase him. I thought he'd be so excited, but I got notta from him. B ut, when did he get so big and look like such a little boy? He's still my baby. I wish he'd keep the hats on longer because I'm a sucker for little boys in hats.



On Saturday we waited patiently for Nonni to come. We did some shopping to get Smidgons and lunch. Nicolette, who has not napped at home in at least 3 months, fell asleep. Jon too her upstairs to read and they both feel asleep. Makes me laugh when Daddy falls asleep first. Cole was down for a nap too, so I unexpectedly got the house to myself, and it was eeriely quiet. I knew I should have cleaned or been productive, but I sat and blogged while I watched Guiliana and Bill. Oh, and I made Pineapple Lush cake for the barbeque at the Wolf's later.
When my family woke up we went outside to really wait for Nonni. Daddy, like me, wanted to enjoy the weather and bring out things we haven't see in months and months- lounge chairs, kites etc. Despite the breeze, he wasn't able to get the Elmo kite up too high. Cole was in awe watching him try though. Apparently he know "Mao" and kept shouting it!


We were invited to the Wolf's for Aaron's birthday. It was gorgeous night to be outside and take in all the fresh air and warm breeze. Since it was only April, all the bugs were happy to stay out of the air, so we didn't even need to worry about mosquitos!
My intentions were to let the kids fall asleep on their own. Cole was almost there, but then got a second wind. He thought the strawberries were the best thing since sliced bread and could.not.get.enough of them. He literally tried to eat the whole thing in one bite. Silly boy!
Nicolette was feeling under the weather (probably what cole had) and was almost out on Jon. The medicine kicked in and she was back to herself.
It makes me smile because both kids got the cleaning "gene". It definitely skipped a generation because my mom loves to clean. I don't mean they just like to try it out for a second. My cleaning fools could clean forever. Nicolette was eating cake, which she loves, and stopped dead in her bite, and immediately got down to help Deb clean the floor. It's pretty comical. Cole jumped in on the fun and the two of them chased each other while they cleaned. I am so putting them to work as soon as they are older!



We can't wait for the Easter Bunny to hop on over. He left me a message that he wouldn't be over until Daddy gets home from work!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I love your new header - it's perfect!!

andrea said...

Thanks Jen! I just can't seem to figure out how to make it a little smaller! Thanks so much for your help before!