Friday, September 17, 2010

friday, and girls night

So, I just got home from girls night out.  I love hanging out with my friends.  These girls are the best.  They love to do more than my boring supposed bffs.  These girls are fun, and they want to do stuff.  They like to have a good time, and it's not like pulling teeth.  I miss these girls when we don't hang out for awhile.  I really do. 

So, we went to dinner at Kitty Hownes and then we went to the comedy club.  Each of us has a designated month and we have to plan the event for that month.  This not only forces us to get together monthly, but we get the opportunity to do different things.  It was Meghan's month and it was so much fun!  I forgot how much fun comedy clubs are, seeing as I haven't been in well over 5 years.

What I love about my friends is that yes, we all wanted to hang out, but it was 10pm and we were ready to go home and get in comfy clothes.  I love that that we can be ourselves, and no on feels like we need to stay out till 2am, just because.  I love that our next month get-together is a sleepover.  An almost 30 year old sleepover (for most of us at least).  We'll pretend we don't have kids (some of us) or husbands (most of us) for just one night, and we'll get in our sweats, and make dinner and snack and talk, and tickle each others arms (!), just like we did 11 or 12 years ago when we didn't have a care in the world.  And, it will be amazing.  I will miss my kids, but it will be okay.  Their daddy will spend quality time with them!

Speaking of which, I came home tonight and was feeling a little sentimental.  I had a.lot of fun, but I also missed my babies.  They were well taken care of by their amazing daddy, whom I happen to be in love with, but I missed giving them goodnight kisses, and reading books, and I even missed brushing teeth, just a tiny little bit.  I went in each of their rooms and saw their sleeping bodies, and I cried.  I cried because I don't always stop to remember how very blessed I am.  I bitch a lot about working, and wanting a bigger house, and even how much crap I do all day long, but what I saw when I walked in and saw them sleeping peacefully was graditude, and love, and this amazing feeling of happiness.  I felt like nothing else mattered, because I was the luckiest person in the world.  I have these 2 amazing beings, who make my life complete, who make me the happiest person in the world, despite all the crap I hate.  I have two babies, who really, truthfully, aren't babies anymore, that need me.  I play this important role as a mommy and unlike my day job, I never ever, in a million years want to disappoint them or let them down.  I want to be a good example for them and show them how to love and act.  I want them to be as proud of me as I am of them.

Tomorrow we have a long to do list, with lots of fun.  We will do some celebrating, because we love to, and we'll have lots of fun.  We'll stay in our jammies for as long as we can, and we'll cuddle and play, and make breakfast.  We'll treat tomorrow as if it was our last, because we will not take life for granted.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love it that you are doing a sleep over! So fun. :)