Sunday, March 14, 2010

a lazy sunday

Today was a lazy Sunday! We had friends over the night before for games, and we lost an hour of sleep so we just weren't in any kind of mood to do much. We work up early and nicolette helped me make the sauce and meatballs. I think it was her fist experience helping with the Italian meal! I remember Sunday mornings when I was growing up. When I was little and still living in Niagara Falls, we would have Sunday dinner at my Grandma and Grandpa's house with my aunt, uncle and cousins. Of course when we moved to Syracuse, we lost that tradition, but my mom still made the sauce on Sundays. The smell still brings me back to my bedroom, waking up around 10am and smelling the sauce already cooking. If was an early Sunday morning, aka I didn't go out the night before, I would help my mom mix the meat for meatballs. It's so weird to carry on those trations for my own family.







Grandma and Grandpa offered to take our precious little girl for the morning, and Jon was working so it was just me and the little guy. It's so nice to spend time with just him, since he/I never really gets that. He is so.much.fun without his big sister around! We didn't do much, but it was a fun mommy-son day!





My parents and Mike and Nicole came over to eat. I love big family Sunday dinners, which don't happen often enough around here. And, I love it even more when I get to use my Williams-Sonoma pasta bowls. They are my favorite registry item from when we got married!






What a fun day!

No comments: