I've neglected this blog for quite some time now. It's not that I don't have the time, I think it's more overwhelming than anything else. I want it to be great and my expectations are set high, which in turn intimidates me and I don't even get on here. Then, I get behind and discouraged and can't play catch up. Maybe I'm too anal, I don't know. But, I am making a New Years resolution to blog regularly. And, I actually think it's one I can stick with.
So, I had this urge tonight to write because I feel so blessed. I feel at peace with the life I created for my(our)self, even if for just a night. Jon was home today and we got to hang out as a family. I sure do miss those days because it seems like they don't happen often enough. Life is always so busy in our house (as I am sure it is in most homes) and we don't seem to truly enjoy life often enough.
Just in the course of the last week, I have seen:
1.) a family whose house burned down (a blog I read once and awhile) at 4:30am a couple of days before Christmas. Everyone made it out alive and well. While awful and a nightmare to say the least, I was touched by what I read... the mom and dad couldn't get to the kids and the oldest daughter got her siblings downstairs and out safely, and even made them breathe into pillows. The girl truly is a hero.
2.) a family who lost their mother, but also got to meet their 10 week early little brother (through one of my stickies). It appears the other driving may have been texting and this innocent mother lost her life. It's tragic and incredibly sad to think about, but how great that they were able to deliver her baby, and he's doing well.
3.) I watched the AT and T 10 minute documentary about texting and driving. I admire the courage many of the people in it have to be involved in the making of this short documentary, and I will not be texting and driving anymore.
4.) I saw my friend Carrie today at the bouncy house place. It's so funny that I saw her there in February too. She looked amazing, definitely not how you would picture a cancer patient looking. Yesterday she had a bunch of scans done and tomorrow she will get the results in the last 4 months of chemo have helped. I get chills thinking about it. She is such an inspiration to me. I pray she gets good news tomorrow.
Why do I write about this all? Because everything listed has changed me, for the better. I hug and kiss the people I love tighter and more often. I will think before text to be a safer person. I will back up my pictures and store them in our firesafe box, videotape my entire house and take other fire precautions. And, on a positive note, my cousin had her twins yesterday and our good friends had a baby girl today.
Tonight we danced, to music from the kids Escalade, with just diapers and underware on (well, the kids, hence the reason for no pictures). They loved it! Why don't we do this more? There were smiles and laughs all around and both kids were tired after which meant they went right to sleep.
Cole has been climbing out of his crib and we've been working hard on keeping him in. This includes nicolette not screaming for me every 2 seconds (which happends a minimum of 3 times a night). Tonight I went in her room to fix her blankets 2 times, look at something once, get her a glass of water once and open her door once (we let her play with her Scribble and Write tonight and I said the door had to be closed), which I forgot to do in the midst of getting her water. I was beyond frustrated and yelled at her. I instantly felt bad because she just wanted me to open her door because she was done playing and wanted to go to sleep. She's getting so grown up and is starting to make good conscience choices all on her own. I was taken aback and felt horrible, just thinking it was another silly thing she needed because she is so anal. I love her!
No pictures tonight... I'm too tired to upload.
See you tomorrow! :-)
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment