Monday, October 11, 2010

nature walk

We needed something new to do today and it was such a beautiful day! Last year we got pictures done in the woods behind Wetzel Road School and it was the best fall background- lots of pretty fall colors. Unfortunately the leaves hadn't turned yet, but it was still a perfect place for our nature walk.

I laugh when I say nature walk because Cole wanted nothing to do with this so called nature walk.  He only wanted to hold my hand.  I am actually not sure what triggered it, but he was done after a few minutes.  So, his 2 minute attention span and whatever upset him, did not make for easy picture taking (mommy's goal, of course).

We started off happy, with our buckets to collect nature things...















We set off to collect twigs, and leaves and other fun things. We hoped we would see animals too! I think our best find is lots of big pine cones!









After our nature walk we went to the playground.  I think we'll go there again because the school is no longer open and there are few people that go there.  While we were in the woods we heard the marching band playing and the kids were very intrigued.  Once we got to the playground, Nicolette played. 


Cole did not want to play on the playground at all.  He just wanted to watch the marching band and color guard. 




On our way back to the car, we stopped and took some pictures against the brick wall.   


I loved the picture taking opportunites there.  I think we will be back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pics! I love the brick background too.