Wednesday, August 13, 2008

So much news!

Well, again I guess I am not so good with keeping this up! It's been a month and a lot has changed!

Since the last post Nicolette ...
* Started walking EVERYWHERE! She hates to crawl and pretty much refuses to do it. She can get up in the middle of the room and doesn't have to crawl to something to stand anymore.
* Says dada, ball, doggie, papa and what sounds like I (I always tell her to say "I do").
* Understands so much. It just amazes me everyday how much she understands.
* Loves to give kisses still which is just my favorite.
* Has a birthday in 2 weeks!!

In other news, we found out we're having a BOY! We're very excited about this news. Jon is ecstatic! Now our dilemma is the name game. We just cannot agree in anything! So far we have Street (sign) and what Jon keeps telling me... Peter (pollard). Lovely.

We also had a scare when our nural tube defect test came back elevated. We did a second round of bloodwork and it came back even higher. So, we found ourselves at the PNC, yet again. They did an ultrasound and couldn't find anything out of the ordinary. The genetic counselor was great and so informative. We were given the option of an amnio, but declined. It just wasn't something that we felt was right. There is a risk of miscarriage, which neither of us wants to even go through again and even if the results were not ideal, we wouldn't do anything different. So, we'll wait until December when this little guy comes and see what happens. In the meantime, since there is a higher risk for multiple things, including low birth weight and pre-eclampsia, they will monitor me closely for the remainder of this pregnancy.

No comments: